The Cairn Companion

I've been looking at the stats for this page, and many of you are going to the main announcement, and seem to be passing up the other post. This is the place where you will receive all Cairn RPG information from now on. If you have a question about the Kickstarter (miniatures, plushies, blah blah blah) then talk to Mike over there. If you have a question about the actual game, this is your place. I urge you to become a follower so you get email updates when I post here. I want you guys to be a part of the process.

First, I want to thank all of you for your expressions of support in your emails. It's very gracious of you, and I want to thank you for your continued support. 

Second, I've been getting tons of questions about shipping costs. As I said in the original announcement, the game is 70-80 percent done. So I'd like to finish the writing and design work before we get to the shipping. When we get closer to shipping, you'll get emails (which is why I'm collecting email addresses) and I'll post something here. 

Finally, I want to get to the #1 question I've gotten so far. One that's a huge surprise to me, since I didn't think it was on anyone's radar. What about the Cairn Companion? 

Now, call me goofy, but I'm not sure why people are worried about the second book in the line when the first one hasn't come out yet. But if you're asking about it, then it's on your collective minds, and I'm answering it. 

Not to sound like a money-hungry businessman, but I wouldn't have taken over the Cairn RPG if I didn't see room for growth. I have a list of Cairn supplements I'd like to see produced. I plan on doing a Cairn Companion. It will be a separate book, and the first expansion. Obviously, at this stage, I cannot say when that will occur. 

The big question seems to hinge on its relationship to the Cairn Kickstarter. You paid for it, and you want it. That's completely understandable. 

I cannot say at this time if I'm going to be able to give away another god-knows-how-many books. I don't want to give you an unqualified "yes" only to find out that I can't afford it. I don't want to make promises I can't keep. 

I will tell you this: If I can make it happen, I will. I hope that suffices for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Help Me Fly for iPhone and iPad

SoulJar Meeting 9/20/13

A Peek Behind the Curtain