Porphyran Dwarves Racial Characteristics
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Dwarves are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff.
- Medium: Dwarves are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.`
- Craftsman: Dwarves are known for their superior craftsmanship when it comes to metallurgy and stonework. Dwarves with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks related to metal or stone.
- Deep Warrior: Dwarves with this racial trait grew up facing the abominations that live deep beneath the surface. They receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the aberration type and a +2 racial bonus on combat maneuver checks made to grapple such creatures (or to continue a grapple).
- Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and elf subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes.
- Magic Resistant: Some of the older dwarven clans are particularly resistant to magic. Dwarves with this racial trait gain spell resistance equal to 5 + their character level. This resistance can be lowered for 1 round as a standard action. Dwarves with this racial trait take a –2 penalty on all concentration checks made in relation to arcane spells.
- Stability: Dwarves gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
- Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
|Ingra Picksure, Female Dwarven Barbarian|
Female dwarf barbarian 2
NG Medium humanoid (dwarf)
Init +0; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +5 (+7 stonework)
AC 16, touch 10, flat-footed 16
Fort +6, Ref +0, Will +0; +2 vs spells, spell-like and supernatural abilities
Defensive Abilities deep warrior, uncanny dodge; SR 7
Speed 30 ft.
Melee mwk heavy pick +6 (1d6+3/x4)
Special Attacks hatred, rage (9 rounds)
Str 15, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +2; CMB +5, CMD 15 (19 bull rush, trip)
Feats Power Attack
Skills Climb +5, Craft (armor) +7 (+9 metal), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +3, Perception +5 (+7 stonework), Survival +6; Racial Modifiers +2 Craft/Profession with stone or metal, +2 Perception for stonework
SQ fast movement, rage power (superstition)
Gear mwk breastplate, healer's kit, backpack, mwk tools, 50' hemp rope, 22 gp
Ingra lives in the dwarven mining hold of Dulgauld in the mountains that border the Cloven Lands. As soon as she could walk, Ingra was taught to fight. Despite the harsh conditions of Nor-Du-Mag and the constant threat of orc wargangs, Ingra is a general positive even upbeat sort of dwarf. She regularly volunteers in patrols that take her beyond the fortified walls of Dulgauld and is even considering travelling abroad to find new challenges.
She is deeply superstitious though and has little patience for those that rely on spellcraft to complete their work or fight their battles.