Progress

I know many of you have been promised a lot of things, and you don't really know me. I haven't done this before, but then again I have. I've published a lot of RPGs over the years, but never before for myself. So really, I'm an unknown quantity. I've seen some speculation that maybe I'll never produce. That's certainly a fair assessment, if you don't really know me.

I have a lot of contacts in this business, I'm proud to say. I've had offers of help from some big names in the business, which is also kind of humbling. I'm fortunate to call them friends. One of these people is the award-winning Jim Pinto. Pinto and I got to know each other from my time at AEG, and we've kept in touch ever since. Pinto offered to do the layout for Cairn, and he started on the template last night. I'm quite pleased with it, and I thought I'd share it with you. It's just a test, and very rough. But:

A) I have files ready for layout. Because you don't want to do this twice.

B) Layout work has started.

The template is important because anything I send to Jim gets flowed into this. My word files become his layout files. Once that template is finalized, all Jim has to do is import the files. We're still tweaking the headings and stuff, but I like where this is going.

This doesn't mean the game is coming out tomorrow. We still have a lot of work to do. But as soon as I am finished, it goes to Jim and layout happens. It's an important step. It's progress.



I am slated to finish principle writing on this by August 7th. Quite frankly, I'm a week behind. One of the things I'm concerned about is time -- you've been waiting a long time for a game that was supposed to come out 5 months ago. The conventional wisdom is to get you the game as fast as possible. That may now be a week later than expected.

Next up on my schedule after writing is concluded is a 2-week review and comment period, during which any and all problems that crop up are addressed/fixed.

But this is progress. Stuff is happening. We're on a schedule, and we're generally sticking to it. This is going to happen, folks. I'm pretty darned excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Help Me Fly for iPhone and iPad

SoulJar Meeting 9/20/13

A Peek Behind the Curtain