An Update

Hi all! Just a quick update for all of you.

I've already started to get backer contribution information. It's terrific to see people so engaged in Cairn. I've already learned that some bits already made it into the text, in which case it's nice to see who it came from. And some bits that didn't, so I have to figure out how to get it in there. Again, if you're a backer who paid to have something added to the game, please email me at SoulJAR.info@gmail.com with BACKER CONTRIBUTION in the subject line. Even if you contacted Mike long ago, I want to make sure your information made it in by cross-checking it with the text. I don't want anything to fall through the cracks. Or, at least minimize it as much as possible.

Next, I want to tell you all that I appreciate all the support and encouragement I'm receiving from you all. Many of you are just happy to see some progress and are sending me encouragement. "I can't wait to see the game" or "thank you for taking this on" and other messages along those lines.... I read all my email (though I can't respond to it all), so I wanted you to know that I'm thankful.

Speaking of which, I'm also really glad some of you are engaged enough in the game and process to help me talk things through. That dialog about un-Awakened animals and being a carnivore really helped focus my thinking, and I crafted a bit of text a) explaining the reasoning behind that aspect of the game, and b) giving you several options on how you can use them. So the Harmony rules make certain assumptions for the setting, but if you want a "darker" or more realistic tone there's some ideas on how to do that. You guys helped focus my thinking and sharpened my ideas. I didn't want you to think I was operating in a vacuum, or that this was all some kind of PR exercise. Thank you thank you thank you.

(And there will be more opportunities to discuss things, too.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Help Me Fly for iPhone and iPad

SoulJar Meeting 9/20/13

A Peek Behind the Curtain