Putting Out the Call

I don't know who "Armadox" is, but he recently posted something to the Cairn Kickstarter page that was right on. It was to Update #27

"It's all about keeping yourself connected to your fanbase. And yes, the second we tossed money at this, we became your fanbase as much as anything else." 


Man, do I agree with that. I've talked to a few people on the business end of the hobby, and that's something that really stuck out to me. You are fans of Cairn. And you haven't even seen a game yet. That was a big motivator for me to pick this up -- you're fans. You deserve something for all your support. 


"As for the projects lateness, you're so deep in that hole there's no point in taking that into consideration. You have no deadline on getting this out save that the words "as soon as you can" should be put atop the project, Production delay is the 400 lb. gorilla on Ross's back now."


Can I get an "Amen!"? 


"What you didn't do, what would have helped you in a way that would have fixed half your issues and set your goals up correctly, was if you had an issue with the game, you could have came to those who took the time to back you and asked for help. How many of us backing you are artists like myself, scriptwriters, gamers or the ilk who would have been willing to toss a few hours at it to help you out? "


And this is what triggered this blog post. I've gotten some people offering to help me out with this. Bill Bridges, Wolfgang Baur, Caias Ward... I'm really fortunate to have so many friends in the hobby games industry, and what's really great is that we actually do help each other out as much as we can. Sometimes, I think that's easy for people to forget, because this is also a business. 


So, Armadox, whoever you are, I'll take you up on your offer. If anyone knows who he really is, I like the cut of his jib and would love to talk to him. In fact, if you're in the business, how about you leave a comment here so I can start building some kind of brain trust or cabinet or something? Or, as always, you can email me at souljar.info@gmail.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Help Me Fly for iPhone and iPad

SoulJar Meeting 9/20/13

A Peek Behind the Curtain