In the Pipeline

At Purple Duck Games we have quite a few things on the go but currently nothing that is absolutely ready for release, but I thought I would take some time to discuss the various things that we have on the go.

If I have missed talking about anything please ask away.

Pathfinder Compatible (By Series)
Assortment Products
- I have two separate magic items books that need some art before I can finish them.
- I would like to do another feat and trap book but haven't had any ideas lately and no writers interested in this sort of work.

Encounter Pages
Perry wrote another release in this series. I have never put it into layout out. I have no idea why. Its just gathering dust.

Fehr's Ethnology
There are two of these left in the series - Qatar and Ursik. They are written and just need to go into layout. Once they are done, Perry and I will go back and revise them for a compilation release and Print-On-Demand Version.

Legendary Classes
[Medium] Legendary Classes: Medium is currently in playtest from now until the 1st week of December so that we check some of the new mechanics in it.

- We had a couple other class ideas but we have yet to lock anyone onto writing these.

Legendary Races
- There are currently no new Legendary Races on the design docket. If I find the time, I want to revise the first three (cyclops, medusa, and rakshasa) to bring them more into design-line with the Legendary Races: Harpy.
- I have no immediate plans to continue this line, but I also do not have any immediate plans to not continue this line. I think what we need here is a writer dedicated to the vision of the line who wants to expand it.

Legendary Treasures
[Dark Weapons] A book dedicated to evil legendary weapons is currently being written. I do not have an ETA on this.

[Primative Weapons] I have a newish writer working on a book of more savage or primitive legendary weapons. The art is all in place, I wait on the test.

Monsters Unleashed
It was no longer making sense to do layout on 5-packs of monsters. The amount of work required to put them out just never made the process worth it. Monsters Unleashed will be coming out next year in PDF and Print on Demand. Gary is currently assigned to handle all of the art on the project and Perry and I are working on the text, whenever we have time. It is about 1/2 written now.

Porphyra
[Lands of Porphyra] With the help of 16 writers we were able to sketch out the details of our campaign setting. Perry is working to harmonize the ideas into a single book.

[Heroes of the Fenian Triarchy] Is through layout, I am just wanting on art and maybe some additional writing.

[Heroes of the Deserts of Siwath] Recently commissioned for writing to begin.

Otyughnomicom
This series is dead. I loved making new templates for otyughs and other creatures but as a commercial venture it was a dismay failure. On the plus side, I have some great looking otyughs by Michael Scotta.

Purple Mountain
[Level 3 - The Feasting] This is going through final edits and layout right now. Perry has done the writing on this and I worked on the statistics. We originally had a different writer on this but he was unable to complete the assignment.

[Level 4 - XXXXXXX] The basis of the module is written but it needs some additional material to fully flesh it out. I expect, I will be doing this because I need to get my grimy paws back on the mountain.

[Level 5 - Descent into Madness] This is written and ready to go into layout but Perry is a little OCD and wants the Purple Mountain issues to come out in order.

[Level 10 - The Cavern of Enock] This module is written and in final stages of production. We need to go back to it and make sure it matches our vision of Porphyra as our setting is now a thing.

At this time levels 6,7,8,9,11 have been assigned to writers but several of them have dropped off radar. So again, I will need to venture back into the writing of this series.

Random Encounter Remastered
I'm interested in having David Nicholas Ross do another in this series but I want to hold off until the NPC Codex is ready.

Dungeon Crawl Classics Compatible
[AL 4 - Stars in the Darkness] Daniel Bishop is writing the next release in this series. I know he is busy with several projects so I am not 100% when this will see the light of day.

[DCC Psionics] This various states of development.

DCC has been good to us as a system two write for. What I need is a few more writers for this system.

Heroic Moments (4C/ICONS)
[4C Supers] I have another issue of Heroic Moments for the 4C System but I do not know if it makes economic sense to continue to support this line on 4C. The last two releases have not covered their inputs but their numbers were stable, so I wonder if more releases could help build the base for the 4C system.

[ICONS] I have a writer who was going to write another release in this series but I haven't heard from him in a bit. Perry and I do not have a familiar with ICONS yet to do the the main writing on this series yet.

Other
There are lots of other projects that I have that we have worked on. None of them feel like they are far enough on to complete right now or high enough on the priority list to push one of the above projects down. This includes but is not limited to:

4Saken (horror roleplaying under the 4C model)
Mythos Investigators (Stefen last project; PFRPG)
Sword of Tears (Originally written for Highmoon Games, updated to PFRPG)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Help Me Fly for iPhone and iPad

SoulJar Meeting 9/20/13

A Peek Behind the Curtain