One of the creatures I'm working on right now is a conversion of the Femiax. The femiax were created originally by S. Trent Troop and Octavirate Entertainment. The Femiax were originally designed as a 2HD Fey race that emulated the sexy space aliens of the old serial movies. As we began to work on the Lands of Porphyra, it became apparent to me that I would want some of those types of aliens crash landed on the world with their strange technology and alien science. So I started to work up the Femiax as a player character race.
So far it looks like this:
|Femanx by Gary Dupuis|
Femiax Psion 1
LN Medium fey (extraterrestial)
Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11
(+1 deflection, +1 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+4)
Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +1
Weakness vulnerability to cold
Speed 30 ft.
Melee quarterstaff +0 (1d6)
Ranged neuron pistol +3 (2d6 nl)
Special Attacks ego rend
Psi-Like Abilities (ML 1st; concentration +4)
At-will – call to mind, detect psionics, offensive precognition
Psionic Powers Known (ML 1st; concentration +4; 5 PP)
1st – crystal shard, inertial armor, matter agitation
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 15, Wis 8, Cha 14
Base Atk +0; CMB +2, CMD 14
Feats Psionic Body, Psionic Talent
Skills Autohypnosis +3, Diplomacy +6, Knowledge (planes) +6, Perception +5, Spellcraft +6; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
SQ alien weapons, naturally psionic, unnatural grace
Languages Common, Elven, Femanx, Gnome, Sylvan
Gear femanx skinsuit, 40 gp worth of additional gear.
Femanx Racial Characteristics
(0) +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Femanx are agile, but their bodies are relatively
fragile. Their beauty and self-assurance is far beyond the human average.
(2) Fey:Femanx are fey creatures with the extraterrestial subtype from a distant planetary world .
(0) Medium: Femanx are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
(0) Normal Speed: Femanx have a base speed of 30 ft.
(2) Senses:Femanx have low-light vision and have a +2 bonus to Perception check as their antennae grant them a greater range of stimula to sense.
(2) Naturally psionic: Femanx gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at first level. If a femanx takes level in a psionic class, she instead gains the Psionic Talent feat.
(3) Ego Rend (Su): Once per day, a Femanx can lock eyes with another creature within 30 ft. as a standard action. The creature must make a Will save DC (10 + ½ the femanx’s character level + Charisma modifier) or suffer 1d4 points of Charisma damage. A creature reduced to zero Charisma by this attack can no longer distinguish between the will of the femanx and its own idea. Those that fall under the femanx’s sway are referred to as thralls. Once a thrall, the creature considers the femanx to be their mistress and will unquestioningly follow them even if their Charisma is restored. A successful break enchantment spell can dispel the thrall effect.
(-2) Cold Vulnerability: The homeworld of the Femanx is significantly warmer than the World of Porphyra in general. They are not used to sudden shifts in temperature and suffer vulnerability to cold attacks.
(2) Unnatural Grace: Femanx gain a +1 deflection bonus to their AC and CMD if they possess a Charisma of at least 12.
(1) Alien Weapon Familiarity: Femanx are proficient with nets, bolas and blowguns, and treat any weapon with the word “alien”in its name as a martial weapon.
(0) Languages:Femanx begin play speaking Common and Femanx. Femanx with high intelligence scores can choose from the following: up to seven more.
The racial characteristics have been scaled back dramatically from the original.
Still is it too much?
- I would like to give them a +2 racial bonus Diplomacy can I do that without adding another weakness?
- Should I limit their number of thralls to their Cha modifier?
- A la War of the Worlds perhaps they should have a -2 penalty to save vs. disease.
- Or maybe a metal allergy that forbids them from wearing metal armor or wielding metal weapons without additional protection.
Tammy, my wife, suggests they should bring other diseases to the world themselves like space herpes.