Dear Subscribers and Customers,
It is with great regret that I must inform you that changes need to be made to the Monsters Unleashed line. When Stefen and I started this line as a launch product for Purple Duck Games we had just finished working on Forgotten Foes with Tricky Owlbear Publishing and Headless Hydra Games. Pathfinder was also a relatively new system and it looked like no one was going to work on the missing 3.X monsters. Since that time, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3 and the Complete Tome of Horrors have been released and a number of the monsters selected for conversion have already been update by other parties.
Initially, we had a listed of 105 monsters to convert from subscribers. Now that Bestiary 2, 3 and the Complete Tome of Horrors has been released we only have the thirty of forty monsters left that have been untouched by other publishers. Additionally, the 5 monsters in $1.50 packs have never been successful. Since all the art is new for this project the costs are staggering and the series has never taken off. If it weren’t for our subscribers who initially started this project I don’t think we would have been able to continue it.
Here is how I would like to proceed with this project at this time.
1) We are committed to producing conversions of 105 monsters in total for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Each of these remaining monsters will not be duplicates of those found within Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3 or the Complete Tome of Horrors.
2) Each monster will be fully illustrated with new art I will be commissioning from our artists.
3) The next release in this line will be the collected volume of all monsters. Gary Dupuis (from Monsters Unleashed V.4 and V.5) has agreed to do the art for us.
4) I will be creating a Googledoc of the work that I am doing. I will open comment access to anyone who wishes to have feedback on the design of this project going forward.
5) Commenters may also be able to suggest monsters to add to the project. As we now have a number of duplicates in the aforementioned books.
6) I want everyone to get the best product we can produce.
If you are a subscriber and you would like a refund on this project because I am changing the parameters at this time please email me at email@example.com and I will refund you our subscription amount.
Mark Gedak, Purple Duck Games.